Sunday, September 15, 2013

Drunken Peach Tart

Peaches. Peaches. Peaches. What can I say, other than I love them.  I usually have to hide them from my family whenever they are in the conventional basket because we all fight over who is going to eat them.  In fact, the last time they were offered as an add-on for Bountiful Baskets, www.bountifulbaskets.org ,  I almost ate half of the case by myself.  As I was browsing the internet for different ideas on how to use the case and a half of peaches I have, I came across the idea to put tequila (which I love) and peaches. And let me just say that is really is an amazing combination!!




DRUNKEN PEACH TART
Ingredients
  • 5 large, ripe but firm peaches - peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/4" thick)
  • 3 Tbsp tequila (I used Cuervo Gold)
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 pkg pre-made pie crust
Instructions
  1. * Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. * Mix together peaches, cinnamon, tequila, cornstarch,and sugar in medium bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  3. * Roll pie crust into tart pan or deep dish pie plate.
  4. * Pour peach filling evenly into unbaked pie shell.
  5. * Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until filling is thick and bubbly.
  6. * Let cool for about 15 minutes.
  7. * Serve with whipped cream, caramel sauce, or ice cream!



No comments:

Post a Comment